Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mom & Dawn birthday celebration

Thursday, 8/1/13

As I was leaving Ohio on July 16th, Mimi said, "Now Jayme, you know I'm not going to be upset if you change your mind and don't feel like driving all the way back out here on my birthday."  Yes, mother... I know ;) but why in the world would I miss celebrating with you (and my Aunt Dawn) on such a special occasion! And so I didn't... thanks to my amazing husband who encouraged me to leave on Thursday and to my mother-in-law Jeanette for watching the girls for me on Friday while he worked!

And btw... it was a mini-vaca for me too! Driving by myself, no kid dinners, no waking up at 2am to take someone to the bathroom, no one to fix breakfast for... it was, simply. amazing.

Here I am on Thursday when I arrived....

Dinner at El Barzone... Mom didn't quite realize how large, the large beer was! :) Dad helped her out a bit ;) And doesn't Mimi look fabulous! 19-lbs down and counting! WAY TO GO MOM! :D So very proud of you :)

Oh! And a bike ride, with no time restraints :) I took Maggie's bike... shaved almost 15-minutes off my time on the route dad made for me in July.

A night out (minus Tara :(  )! Maybe it was a tad late... maybe ;)  But worth it.

And then Saturday arrived! Way too fast if you ask me, but the birthday bash was at my Aunt Dawn & Gina's house for Mom's 60th and Dawn's 50th! Gina even made mom her own cooler :D She definitely is the hostess-with-the-mostess!

filled with... Landshark :)

birthday balloons...


Don't the umbrellas make it look so festive! Thought they added a nice touch.

The princesses both had tiaras to wear :)



It's hard work being the birthday girls!

We tried endlessly to get a great pic of both of us :) but as one must know, it's hard to do that with a. females and b. for my mother and I! (we're too hard on ourselves ... family trait ;)



Partners in crime... Lori & Dawn...



THIS one represents them perfectly if you ask me :)

Lori said, "I was telling my co-worker, yeah, going to my sisters 50th birthday party over the weekend... who is only 17-months older than me... "  D'oh! You're up next Ms. Lori! :D

And wouldn't you know.. the best pic of mom & me... has yet another perfect picture of Lori & Dawn.         I. love. it!

Ms. Macie Jayne... she has the most gorgeous eyes. I didn't edit them at all!


Arrrghhh!!! Pirate tattoos! B/c Dawn is a pirate at heart :D I found an e-card that I can't find now of course that said something like, "If you drink Rum before 10am, it doesn't mean you are alcoholic, it means you are a pirate!" I loved it :D

even Aunt Jayne got one!

Gary & Norma, Gina (and her twin sister's parents)




Love! :D



With Bob & Joyce Schul, my great-uncle & aunt


Love :)





Yeah! :D Mom likes this one of her & dad!

Ever trying... :) we should have stopped ;)  but! Gina grabbed the camera and took this picture.

Then she said, "you'll lose 10-lbs this way!"  Do you think? ;)

Or maybe it's this one? I like them both :)

The vacationers! Back just in time.

How awesome is this?

A home-made beer holder & score keeper for bean-bags! Brilliant! :D


Our official score keeper Connie :)










Birthday girls :)

I love this picture of Dad :)



relaxing (with her crown on! ;)



B/c you deserve every second mom!



Macie also got in on the tattoo action :)

Adore :)

Thanks for everything Dawn & Gina!!! The party was a huge success! :D Love you both!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My! Lots and lots of great shots on here! I hope everyone involved views this! (will probably use one of Dad and I for our Christmas card!)
    Thank you darling daughter!

    ReplyDelete