Friday, April 25, 2014

Jill's 40th birthday celebration ~ days 1 & 2

The first celebration anyhow ;) She found out a few weeks before this Denver trip, that she is ALSO going to Napa to celebrate with friends! Way to go Eric! ;)

This is a compilation of pictures from Jill's phone, Jody's phone, my phone, Jeanette's small camera (that was evidently set on the panoramic setting) and my big camera. So thankful for b/c there are some great shots!

Here is Barb's house on Adams St... I had never seen it before and to say the least... it. is. amazing.

 Jody & I arrived on Thursday, April 10th, the actual birthday-day. Here we are in the car on our way to Barb's house... Jill slept in (heavenly!) and was eating a little sushi as a snack before lunch ;)

We walked in the HOT sun (oh it felt so good!!!) to Margs for tacos...

it felt amazing, the food was amazing, and I really had to pinch myself as a reminder this was real!


One of many animated shots... it became evident this is where Evan gets his 'show-business' from!

And but of course they found out it was her 40th... and out came a shot of tequila ;) an apple-flavored one.

She obliged and took it like a champ ;)

Walked back to Barb's, packed in all the luggage (not to forget Maggie! she was my partner in the back) and headed to the mountain...

Breath-taking... the first and last time I came to the mountains was 13-years ago... it's easy to forget how majestic & beautiful this scenery really is.

Outside the condo at the bottom of Copper Mountain. Yes, the condo is right outside one of the ski lifts :)

Face-time for the birthday girl

Our amazing chef for the weekend :D these were the halibut cheeks that we were reminded of every time we walked in the door... the odor was a little long-lasting ;) delicious! but definitely lasting...

The next morning...

Gail (life-long friend of Barb's) brought us delicious bagels/cream cheese/lox and... chopped liver ;)

I insisted on a photo session before we left condo and this is what I got! I was pretty happy with them :)






Walking out the door... I forgot how hard it was to walk in ski boots!

And, it was gorgeous!


Quiet slopes before anyone was on them...

Upstairs to the ski rental shop

Gail to the rescue! We talked and talked about who was getting the Mountain Dew, and in the end, no one did ;) so Gail went out that morning to save Jody :D

Love!

Double love :)


And then the time finally came... I had to put my skis on... and this is the sign at the bottom of the hill ;)

Hanging on for dear life, making myself breath & talk... and Jill whips out her phone, leans over, and snaps a picture... needless to say the lifts eluded me (even in my dreams) the whole time we were there :)

But! I overcame my fears, over and over and over :) and made it down the mountain... several times!



I'm still making myself breath... yes, right over that little decline is where the first 'face' you have to go down is... and I knew it.


Oh and getting off the lifts! Good God... that was a feat in itself. Some day maybe I'll try and video it- ha!

They look fake do they not?!

And... everyone stood back and watched me go first :) and... I didn't fall! And if you look WAY down the mountain, you can see where our destination was (brown roof, way down below).

My heart just about pounded out of my chest ;)

The birthday girl!



Gail & Jody

Still smiling!

I'd call that success ;)

more amazing views...

We were going down Soliloquy, Barb's favorite run on the mountain.


Jill's selfie... on the lift!!! I'm still holding on for dear life ;)

Here is a group of amazing skiers!!

Truly, all of them... amazing, and so relaxed. Something to aspire too!

And....don, don, don... lunch! And a few beverages that I desperately needed ;) Should have started out the day with a few to calm my nerves! I felt much better after lunch ;)

We are on the side of a mountain, it's hot, the sun is shining, the wind is light... a truly amazing day.

I kept these next 2 shots b/c of Jill & I's expressions ;))))




We had to remove a group of guys, stand in their spot, and we asked them to take our pictures :) So one of them jumped in ;)



Here! Here is a good picture of the lifts... still not super accurate as far as  height... but a good indication.

Sisters in black!


And we ended the perfect day with a few drinks outside on a patio. Amazing how all we've wanted is to sit outside in the sun & heat, and we did so in Colorado, surrounded by snow at the bottom of a mountain!




Gail is a great story-teller!


The mountain at the end of day.. you can see a groomer in front.

Back at the condo, we were in store for another gourmet feast!



It was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. first off-you're right-some AMAZINGLY good shots on here! What an awesome weekend. (and How old is Barb?! and I want Jeanette's hair!)

    ReplyDelete