February granted us some snow and a few temps to enjoy it in! First time we had the sled out this year! Monday, 2/2 was a snow day... we had so much snow the January 31st weekend and on Super Bowl Sunday. The wind was awful, made the gravel roads impassable, the girls begged Chris to come home and get it out for us, and he did!
Pulling 4 sleds was a bit of a challenge :)
we spent a lot of time stopping to pick up the one who fell off ;)
There poor little faces were bright red and covered in snow, we brought out a few helmets for the littles... see LeaAnn walking in the background! The helmet was a wee too big & heavy for her ;)
But we eventually got it figured out, and pulled 2 and 2 :)
I would whip these two around... I'd hit it just right and make them go airborne... those drifts were good for something!
I turned around and they were both sprawled out, face first... couldn't get my phone out fast enough :)
And I would take it a little easier on these two... they all did so good :) They could care less how cold it was... And NO comparison to last year... you can definitely tell that the littles are almost 4 & 5. Last year being almost 3 & 4... just one year, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes - click here for last year - Girl snowmobiling 2014
Snuggling to warm up afterwards...
Super treat for King Dad and Four-tunate Mom... an adult snowmobile day! Saturday, 2/7... And not just any day, a 40-degree day! The snow was literally melting before our eyes... my kind of snowmobiling ;) Here I think is Dawn playing on a patch of open water on the river...
And here is Jayme getting pulled out of a patch of open water on the river :) dumb decision, all was well, snowmobile is fine, I was fine... if I would have trusted my instinct, I would have went a different way with a running start, but Darryl went across, Chris went across, and it was my turn to go across... I just didn't make it to the other side :)
Photos compliments of Dawn Gericke :)
Chris got more wet than I did...
Full length feet heaters! Wish these were around when I was little!
THANK YOU Chico :)
Sunday, 2/8 - Very busy Sunday... and the kids made these adorable snowmen :)
And then Chris left us on Tuesday... like the wild-child's hair this particular morning??
Friday, 2/13 - Lydia got to go to her Valentine's day party, and LeaAnn and I made cupcakes!
handled it like a champ ;)
Finished product!
He did come home on Thursday night... and this was Friday night at 7pm when he finally came home for good ;)
Saturday, 2/14 - the love day!
We took the kids bowling...
With Hogan's, Peck's & Youngblut's
Go State!
Strike!
Sweetie pie CJ!
how cute is this?? :)
And then out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We never take them out to eat, and all of the girls were very appreciative and loved every minute of it. Here is Lydia singing on the way home :)
A surprise waiting for Ms. LeaAnn... another monkey from Aunt Kris & Uncle Craigy! :D
February truly is crawling... but we're getting there :) more to come...





































No comments:
Post a Comment