Friday, December 27, 2019

What I want my four daughters to know...

"Yes, I have F O U R girls." An almost unanimous response, "good luck and have fun with those teenagers!"  I was a less than desirable tween/teenager to be around, so I know what those people are referencing... but with my four girls, things, for now, seem to be different.

My four girls have an uncanny ability to get along.
Chris and I have always received compliments on how how well they get along, and been told countless times, "you know that is NOT normal."
They love each other, think of each others feelings and for the most part, do not fight.
So the thought of hitting the 'teenage years' and our harmonious family life hitting a brick wall, has kind of caught me off guard. ;)
And if I'm being completely honest, 1/4 way through Lauren's freshman year, I have just started to witness and feel the beginning of changing tides.

Listening, observing, trying to make myself be curious and ask more questions, I am of course not surprised that this growth is happening. In 3-1/2 years, she's to be adult-like enough to leave our nest, and fly on her own... she's spreading her wings and I am trying to embrace it, and love her for it.

I just need help along they way.
I have been listening to Parenting Teens with Love & Logic (and need a work book for all the notes I take ;) and just stumbled across this blog and website, Her View From Home.
Breath taking.
They gifted me a free e-book, Do More than just survive your Tween/Teen Daughter and I bawled.

So I'm putting it here for safe keeping... for reference for myself, and for them... and for any other girl mom out there who needs a bit of inspiration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment