Sunday, March 24, 2013

girls week

Monday, 3/4 through Friday, 3/8

And so our lives transformed 2-years ago in March when Ms. Wiam was born (3 to 4 - big jump (!) for us)... and it transformed again this March. Chris (& I ;) took a leap of faith, and ventured into a new job. Not a whole-career-change (as this job is in the feed industry), but none-the-less, a new, untraveled, somewhat scary & unknown path. We both have faith that this was/is 'it'... this was the change that needed to happen. And the circumstances of how the job appeared seemed more than happenstance. (Much the same as how we met I think :) New Balance Commodities is the name of the company -  New Balance Commodities - and after meeting his supervisor this week, I am more in love with the company than I was before. Small, young CEO (40!), his wife works within the company as well, non-corporate, they care about all of their employees equally from the sales force to their office support... it's amazing.

However, that being said... this job also required him to be 'away' for what we thought was going to be three weeks! It ended up being one full week and a few days (whew!) but none-the-less, it was a great challenge for the girls and I ... and we did it! We were super proud of ourselves as Friday rolled around, the house was in-tact (fairly clean too), laundry done, homework done, everyone in one piece :) And that's b/c we all worked together. Well, maybe not Wiam ;) but everyone else did for sure. Lydia at one point even said, "Mom... princesses don't have to pick up!" 

Chris did say when I talked to him on Tuesday, "this wasn't part of the deal... snow days were not supposed to happen in March." :) But it happened all-right. In fact we've had TWO now in March... 

Monday, 3/4 we were at school and it started to snow, a LOT. And they let us out early. I was a bit nervous about the driveway... but look what we came home too! Craig had already been down to rescue us :)

Was pretty sure the snow day was inevitable... here we are entertaining ourselves on Tuesday. :) Sent this to dad on his phone... he 'officially' has a smart-phone now! :D

Then we headed outside! Holy cow there was a lot of snow. It was one of those days where I walked outside, looked around, and thought, "this is Iowa???" No wind, beautiful-big-snowflakes falling, mild temperatures (I didn't have gloves on!)... it was amazing. Gorgeous... EXCEPT it was March 4th :(

I had fun taking pictures... I had this grand plan of trying to get a gorgeous/coordinated one of all four of them... well, not so much ;)

Still, they are pretty pictures.  They had tons of fun finding and eating icicles.

Pretty girl :) like Lindsay lounging in the background?



There's my one-tooth girl ;) Just found out this week (after perfect check-ups at the dentist for all three!) that her front tooth is on it's way down :)

Yup... plenty of deep snow... neat.



They had fun on the swings, jumping into the snow.

complete with the tongue out! :D

super-high!

Adorable. Wouldn't these hats on all four made an adorable pic?? Maybe next year ;)

We actually had an over-night at the Peck's which helped pass the time, new tires on the van (wow!!! who knew how much new tires would help with driving on snow ;), dance on Thursday, 9-miles w/Maggie on Friday... and then Dad came home!!! Here is the result :)


Look at that... four-blonde-blue-eyed-beautiful-girls... oh we feel SO blessed. On so many levels.


It's been a great ride so far... can't wait to see what this next phase on our journey will bring us (mom's hoping for a new house! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! It's so hard when Daddy leaves, but it's always a good feeling that you find a strength you didn't know you had. And the homecoming is always pretty sweet, too ;) I love that red barn against the white snow. So pretty. And those girls are gorgeous, too!!

    ReplyDelete