Saturday, March 1, 2014
Ms. LeaAnn was so excited for today! We had rented the Aurora Comet center and were discussing what the theme should be for LeaAnn's birthday, and I asked, "what can we do special since it's her 'golden' birthday? What can we do for her, that we will also do for all of you when it's your golden birthday's?"
And Lindsay said, "go somewhere special or go on a trip to where that particular sister wants." Brilliant! And where does 3-yr-old LeaAnn want to be at 24-hrs a day? In her swimsuit and on a beach (or in the pool or in the hot-tub, etc, etc, etc :) Maggie told me that Kelly Lange had taken her girls to the new Sportsplex in Waterloo where they have a small indoor water-park, complete with slide and zero-depth entry. So I called, and they had space available! We ended up renting a party room for 3-hrs (started out as 2, but all the kids were having so much fun)... and it. was. perfect. Aside from the weather of course ;)
So! Here we are the morning of the big event :)
Maria later asked me that day, "did you run?" And I said, "Um, no. Helped make & clean up breakfast, got snacks ready for her party, fixed 4 heads of hair, painted 80-nails, painted my toenails and got myself ready... and we left by 10:45 to go to McDonald's." ;) Didn't get enough pictures of that prep time!
Here is the birthday girl! (New swimsuit #1 ;)
I had the hardest time trying to get her to smile without raising her chin?
Look who else was in a swimsuit at the age of 3? :) On Boyton Beach, FL visiting Grandma Rita!
How cure are they??
Back to this 3-yr-old ;)
"tired of smiling mom!"
We did, impressively, leave the house at the time we stated which was 10:45, in order to make it McDonald's on time! I love LeaAnn's smile here.
They did get to play a little bit, and we could not leave until LeaAnn gave Ronald McDonald a huge hug :)
Road conditions... stellar.
Pulling into HyVee to get the cake.
The room!
How cute is this cake?
Air temperature was warm, water was OK... but I'm picky when it comes to that. Chris promised me if I would have went under and swam, I would have warmed up :)
True happiness :D
Happy birthday baby girl! (she would say, "I not a baby momma!")
love, love, love... I wish I were as photogenic as them! :)
When we first got there, we almost had the place to ourselves... you can see Parker & Carter in the front here.
I love this picture.
The sea-monster...
takes them down!
adore Lindsay's face here
for a little bit they were allowed to have the noodles, Lydia loved them
boys...
being boys :D like Parker laughing?
That was our room door, right behind the chairs, it was perfect!
Ms. Peyton Marie
"Mom, that's Carter, he had on the red goggles" :D thanks Linds ;)
And who undoubtedly would go swimming with LeaAnn? Her god-father of course :)
Craig is such a big kid! And a great one at that! :D
Mr. Owen loving the water as well....
I love Lydia's face here
the 'lazy' river was a huge hit, but it wasn't very 'lazy'... kind of quick current that the kids loved :)
All the kids kept coming in for snacks, so we decided it was cake time :)
singing to herself :) so cute!
Can you guess who?? August 15, 2009... Ms. Lindsay Rae blowing out her candles.
Oh Parker :D
How cute is Owen's smile??
Um... Clay? I didn't triple check with Lindsay on this one ;)
trying to get Tate to smile at me :) LeaAnn was digging in!
And we almost forgot about the presents!
A new camping chair with her name embroidered on it (thank you Craig & Kris!!), 3 new swimsuits (Wilgenbusch's & Maria) and a squid/swim-toy... the girl was in heaven! :D
Hmmm... I might just have to try these out ;)
And sure enough, she did. First she put on the new tutu swimsuit from Kris & Craig... b/c her other one was wet. I mean, of course! Why not, right? :D She made a friend.
Craigy still playing...
And then... why she changed again! She really strutted into the water, "it's wike Waren's, right momma?!" She marched over to show everyone...
How adorable is this?!
and then she marched over to this nice family to show them!
Melt my heart.
Wow... yes, I have to agree that LeaAnn looks older at 3, then Lindsay did... I suppose it is the older influence? 8/19/09
They had a blast...
love :D
And LeaAnn didn't leave without a fight. Lauren had to carry her to me, and she literally was kicking and screaming :) "I not wanna go! I wanna come back, Momma... I wanna come back!" It was sad... :) but we'll go again... I really can't see a reason not too! Such a nice facility and a really easy outing that they would all enjoy.
After she filled her tummy with a few more snacks... she cashed out. :)
Sunday morning she woke up and said, "I wanna go to my birtday party again" :D




.jpg)















































.jpg)






















.jpg)







(again) you should see the smile on my face when I open your blog…
ReplyDeletePRICELESS pics and commentary of a Great day!
So glad you all had fun! I am glad she had a great birthday, and I agree Jayme the water was a little chilly for me too!
ReplyDeletelove all of these....and so wish we could have been there....and want to try it out soon!
ReplyDeleteMom, I added video from the party in here :) and yes, thank you Kelly! we did have a great time, we'll have to make a date and all go!
ReplyDeleteLooks like tons of fun! I LOVE when you compare photos - your girls look remarkably alike!
ReplyDeletesaw the added videos! love how she Did sit down for a second, maybe? :) Love her smile as she was sung to. And of course, love her conversation with Craig!
ReplyDelete