Sunday, 1/19/14 - Ice skating at Coral Ridge Ice Arena
Ever since we got home from Ohio, the girls have been begging to go ice skating again. And the Coral Ridge mall, right on the outskirts of Iowa City, has it's own ice arena, in the mall. As in, it's been there forever... or for as long as we've been coming... and I'm not sure it's ever crossed my mind to make an 'outing' out of it??? Not sure why, but we will be sure and take advantage of it again!
Girls both got to take a friend, Lauren invited Frankie Dolan and Lindsay invited Laynee Hogan.
I took Mimi's lead and brought extra hats and mittens for everyone :) Though it was much warmer in this arena than it was at Miami University.
Frankie nor Laynee had ever been before, but they both did fantastic! It did not take Frankie long to let go of the wall and glide along all on her own :) And I took video with my big camera to show Sara, but I can't figure out how to download it??? Still need to work on that...
Even though I got Lindsay on the ground here, both the girls made huge improvements from where they were in Ohio! Amazing what just a little experience can do...
I invited Sara along as she is 18-weeks pregnant here (you can really tell right??? ;) and I didn't know if she'd want a day at home, or if she needed to get out of the house. She decided getting out of the house was a better idea :) And glad she did... she grew up in Minnesota, right down the road from a rink, and grew up going. Came back to her, just like riding a bike! ;)
Another huge perk of this fun outing, it's close to the Raefield's! Aunt Jill brought Evan & Owen over as well :)
I love this one :)
The girls did an amazing job! We were there for 2-1/2 hours at least... they were ready to go at the end, but the time flew by!
And it was super special to have cousin time too.
We hope to do it again soon with the whole family!





















We went to a hockey game last night - Dee's choir sang at it. I mentioned that I used to ice-skate there a few times a year. Dee was horrified that she never knew we could ice skate in our own town!! Oops ;) Glad you had fun. It's those little things, that are so simple, that really mean the most to kids!
ReplyDelete