Like Lydia's hair? She did too until she took it out at night, then she decided there was WAY to many rubber bands ;)
She got all dolled up with her jewelry from Christmas... thanks Aunt Ashley!
They all looked so cute that morning... but I didn't have it together enough to take a picture then. Here they are after school and after they opened their Valentine's box from Mimi! They had on their Doc McStuffin's outfits on :) and swimsuits... NOT to forget the swimsuits ;) I was pretty proud of myself. I managed to get balloons to the school to surprise the girls :)
Saturday, 2/15/14
We went on a super cold run again! So much so that I thought my fingers were going to fall off, luckily, Maria remembered she had an extra pair of warm mittens in her truck. Made it 6-miles and felt great!
THIS is what we look like afterwards ;) But unfortunately, I fell sick that night... :( total bummer...
Recovered well enough to go through with our snowmobiling trip for the girls on Sunday. Prior to this last blast of winter, I had the mindset, let's enjoy the snow, can't beat it, join it! Lined up Chico for a trip, he said yes, Grammy agreed to watch the little girls, and I was so excited to be able to take the big girls on their first trip. Winthrop, Independence, Jesup, Brandon, Rowley and ended in Quasky.
It ended up being 90-miles! They did fantastic... and they want to do it again, so we must have done something right :) Sue & Heath Weber were also on the trip.. super-fun :)
And then it snowed... AGAIN. So much so we had to have a snow day :( THAT'S where it's gets to be tricky... it's hard to stay positive when summer keeps getting farther, and farther away. The week looked like this: Monday = snow day, Tuesday = late start, Wednesday = full day of school!, Thursday = early out b/c of snow, Friday = late start.
Yup, that sums it up.
Here we are Monday, 2/17 making pancakes. LeaAnn grabbed bear and said, "Mom! Bear wanna cheese too!"
We did a work-out video together... ALL of us ;) it was really cute. Lauren tried to take video as LeaAnn was really getting into it!
That afternoon after the girls got up from their nap, we all went outside to play in the snow that continued to fall... b/c it was WARM out.. like 20-degrees! With just a little wind... heavenly. And while we were outside, I thought, I should try and start the snowmobile. There was so much snow on the roads. I managed to get it started and finagle it out of the corner of the shed! I was so proud of myself ;) Lauren found the sleds, we hooked them up and I pulled them up to Wilgenbusch's... they had so much fun :) But by 5 o'clock, the wind had started to pick up and the wind, as always, is cold. So we headed home. But that inspired us for the rest of the week!
That night.. check out Lindsay's hair! The pic does not do it justice... it's SO thick, and so long... it will make a great donation in a month or so :)
Tuesday, 2/18/14
When I said inspired, I meant it. This was Tuesday after school and then we had the Peck's over and went again on Wednesday! We had 3 solid days of nice, winter-weather. It was glorious.
But then... the real Iowa winter roared it's ugly head again, and back to blizzard, below-freezing temps we went... blah, blah, blah. This video is PERFECT.
I don't know how to 'embed' one, (wish I did)... but Sally Hodge, one of mom's friends on FB shared this and I found it hysterical! Sums up exactly how everyone feels :)
breaking point















I am LOL! Thanks Jayme.
ReplyDeleteand I forgot to put in their that Lauren & Lindsay's bus went in the ditch on Wedensday! B/c it was so NICE out, the gravel roads turned into mush (go figure) and super slippery... they didn't tip or anything, Carey (awesome bus driver!) turned, and the bus just kept going straight, right into the snow. I almost did the same thing the very next day and so did Maggie on their way over to snowmobile.. so I guess, good thing the tundra came back and froze everything solid again ;)
ReplyDeleteok-am not lol anymore… :(
ReplyDelete