HOW is that possible... we are now on to 1st & 3rd grades... ouch. And let's take a look at what the date is today.. double-ouch. This WAS Thursday, 5/30 and it is NOW, Tuesday, 6/25. (sorry mom ;) So anyhow, not to dwell on what has not been done, I WILL get the documentation done and someday these four blond beauties will reap the benefits, right? Right!
And honestly, I haven't even looked at most of these pictures and tears sprung to my eyes when I saw this one. They are almost the same height! And so ... grown-up. Lauren 8-1mo & Lindsay 6-9mo
Lindsay was sad about her last day. She said she was going to make sure that she stopped in every morning next year to say 'Hi' to Mrs. Cooksley. We assured her that Mrs. Cooksley would gladly keep her in Kindergarten forever... but Lindsay decided that she should probably move on ;)
Look at the joke-ster who wanted to be in the picture :) Ms. LeaAnn at 2-3mo
And Mom spent all week 'preparing' for this last day of school b/c I knew THIS was going to happen...
The house was spotless (clutter and all!) ... this is ALL of their STUFF they brought home from school. They were looking in their older 'envelopes' at previous years as well... but still. And through this week of cleaning, de-cluttering, throwing things out, getting rid of old toys, etc, etc, etc. I realized it was time. Time to give the girls their own space and their own room. This week was mass chaos pretty much ;)
As I mentioned, somewhere earlier in the week I decided a room switch needed to happen, and the big girls needed space... my brainstorm was loft bunk beds. I quickly looked on Craigslist, found two that would do and put the plan into motion.
The part of the story that I was NOT planning on was a HUGE thunderstorm on Wednesday night (tball game cancelled so I thought it was a good idea to make that Walmart run I needed to make) It put us in Walmart for longer than I had planned b/c of the torrential downpour/thunder/lightning/crying kids :-/. I left them in the entryway while I ran to get the van, then loaded the van with stuff + 4-kids, drove home, unloaded in a torrential downpour with 3-crying-kids + 1-super-helper ;) and Chris is still not home. Chris gets home (he's had a huge week which is GREAT) continues to sell, kids continue to cry b/c now there is a tornado warning and the rain is just POURING. Long story short, no tornado on the ground, but the worst of it was just a few miles east of us, we had 5-inches (or more) of rain? Every single culvert was flooded, roads were washed away... Chris went up the road to watch the Wilgenbusch boys while Craig & Kris helped moved their cows to higher ground... good times ;) Thursday morning, big girls last day of school, Chris decides he has to go to Nodaway to get his computer fixed.... So he is out of the picture Thursday, night & all of Friday.
Friday morning, my last day of school, big girls go to Maggie's, little girls go to Barb's, I line up Baragary to go and pick up the loft bed that has to be out of the dorm room by Friday night :) and I take all the girls to tball in Rowley. Whew! And here we are in the outfield/girls eating dinner/playing so mom can have a few adult beverages while trying to watch the pitch game and have adult conversation with other parents ;)
Drive home, all kids get baths, Chris shows up around 8:45pm and Mom & Dad stay up till 11pm catching up on Chris' great week! :D (Bad idea on the 11pm ;)
Saturday, big girls go with Grammy to hand out flowers at the Independence farmers market and we drag the little two to Cedar Falls to pick up loft bed #2. Lauren & Lindsay made the paper :)
In the meantime that morning, I ran and Chris took down the crib (!) and bunk bed in L1&2 rooms and put it back-up in the 'new' 3&4 room :)
Annnddd... THIS happened (insert picture of Chris' beloved 'dirty-neck-chair on the porch (!) - waiting on you Mimi :D) Mimi was elated and so was I! The rocker/glider came downstairs in it's place :)
The rest of the day is sort of a blur, ends up that the silver loft bed went up with no problems at all, but the black one... not so much. At 6:30pm I took LeaAnn & Lydia to Fareway (what!?) and to pick up Casey's pizza b/c Chris still couldn't get the black one together (not his fault, bolts were stripped, bad design, etc, etc) and kids did not get into bed in their 'new' rooms until 10:00pm.
DOES NOT happen in the Beyer household! Good God it was a long day!
And to top it off, LeaAnn was ecstatic to have Lydia as a roomie... Lydia.. not so much. Needless to say, even 3-weeks later, we're still working on getting LeaAnn to go to bed in a calm/timely manner. She just LOVES to go and visit ALL of her sisters... as they ALL have ladders to their beds, and she doesn't. ;)
Oh I almost forgot about Sunday! How forgetful of me. Chris puts the desk up on Lauren's bed that she asked about... oh, maybe 500 times ;) and needed a break. So! Again, Mom thinks it's a good idea to take all four kids to Walmart in WATERLOO on a Sunday. I'll admit, I've had a few better ideas... Ice fishing in Minnesota for instance... right? RIGHT!
Girls DID get their new comforters, sheets, calendars, wipe/bulletin boards, plastic drawers, saucer chairs :D happy times! But it was not without Lindsay feeling light-headed/hot and she couldn't walk anymore, Lydia throwing a fit b/c she wanted a new comforter too and LeaAnn pulling her pants down in the middle of the aisle declaring she had to pee (and of course we are at the very back of the store and the potties are up front). Oh and b/c the lines were so long, I thought it was a good idea to self-check out. Another fabulous idea. Everyone trying to 'help' and the lady kept having to come over and put in her code so I could keep tallying it up.
And on the way home from Walmart, I secured Ashley to come over and babysit :D Now THAT was a good idea, Jayme!
Drumroll please... here is the end result! Lauren's is the black one with the built in desk.
Will look into new curtains and have plans to hang the mirror that goes with Grandma Rita's dresser in the attic :)
Lindsay is eventually getting Lola Baragary's old desk that she used as a child, has more drawers, etc.
And the girls just ADORE their new room... it was worth the complete headache that it was :) And now they have room for all their STUFF! A paper from the library? Well it goes in your room girls! I love it, and they do too. It just adds to their 'grown-up-ness'...
Here is Lydia & LeaAnn's room...
I told Lydia that we would paint flowers on the wall. I can't bear to paint over the red. It's my favorite room in the house, and the curtains I LOVE (thanks Grammy!)
A little combining, cleaning out... I gave Jill/Jody a bunch of summer clothes and Jill asked, "are you sure your girls won't wear these??" I assured her they would not miss them for a second. We have WAY too many clothes... I suppose that's what happens when you have four girls and tons of hand-me-downs :)
Ta-da! THE END. That is all there is, there is no more :) Now we just have to get LeaAnn to GO TO BED! ;)
















:) :) SO worth the wait! Your comments are Definitely as good as your pics.
ReplyDeleteAm so glad you were able to get this crazy month down in writing and photos! Am sure your 4 beauties Will appreciate someday but right now Mimi (and Pap) are LOVING this.
Wowsers! I got tired reading that blog! Glad that week is over :)
ReplyDelete