And so... b/c of that amazing day we had camping at Bailey's Ford in early June (Bailey's in June) I was so enticed to have a repeat, and make a week of it. Chris was not in favor, but I was, and b/c I was the one caring for the kids and taking them camping, I got my way ;) #firsttimesincewehavebeenmarried
(I think I'm a little too hash-tag happy AND I can write that b/c he doesn't read it! ;)
All along I had planned to try and camp an entire week before the 4th, like we did last year, b/c we had so much fun in 2013. Well... we did end up having fun, and the kids did end up being able to use the beach, but that was not before pulling in and having to go home two different times (on Sunday and Monday) b/c of severe-thunderstorms :(
This was on Sunday, June 29th. We pulled over and thought all was well...
I think I should hash-tag all these pics #savingfortheirgraduation or something clever like that... we could have a book of Lydia & Kyle!! Not long after this there was a confirmed tornado south of Waterloo heading straight towards us, so we packed up and headed home :(
Fast forward to Wednesday, July 2nd... didn't take many pics Monday & Tuesday. Monday we went to Wee Nature Tales, came back to the camper, put the girls down for a nap, went on a run w/Maggie, and BAM, the storm started to roll in. And so, I packed everything back up, even put the slide in b/c they were worried about the campground flooding... we got caught in the storm but was able to make it home, and poor Maggie did not. :( She had to pull over on old-20 b/c she couldn't see anything... I mean really? Lovely, lovely weather.. Iowa is not on my 'like' list right now...
There is our camper :)
Thursday, July 3rd... things are looking up... at least it's sunny! Here is LeaAnn, owning the road w/her pink tractor...
She dressed herself!!! I mean, can we get any cuter???
Chris got there on Thursday night and we all breathed a sigh of relief :) We broke out the sparklers that night, but I did not get any pics.. maybe I'll steal some from Maggie when she gets them up :)
And then viola, amazingly enough, summer has arrived at Friday, July 4th.
Slightly depressing :-/
Troy Mills parade again
I asked Chris to take this picture, if not, we're not in them! ;)
Complete w/water guns again.. this year, the girls hid :) but it was hot, and the water did feel good :)
Lauren 9-2mo, LeaAnn 3-4mo, Lindsay 7-10mo and Lydia 4-7mo ~ how big are they?!?
We then made the split decision to take the girls to the Aurora parade after Maggie offered for the big girls to ride in the parade w/Kreighton on the Pioneer wagon. We stopped at Sean Baragary's to use his restroom and refill our waters and then we took off.
Got back to the campsite, laid down for naps (including mom & dad :) I walked out the camper door and ran into this guy!!!
Needless to say it took me a minute to compose myself enough to take a picture... I knew Chris wouldn't believe me!
Dustin got his 15-lb prime rib (!) ready to cook the next day...
How beautiful are they??!!
The diaper cover was an etsy find... so cute!
Figured out that Earlville offered fireworks, so we loaded up and took off and had a wonderful time. Girls were so good and so appreciative.. would do it over again in a heart-beat. We were so close we had to look up and we ALL ooed and ahhed ;)
Saturday the 5th turned out to be overcast and slightly raining... shocker. But Dean & Lola stopped by with a strawberry/rhubarb pie!! I think it was especially for the little girls, but I could be wrong ;) Strawberry/rhubarb is Lydia's favorite!
played some ball and made the most of the day...
Crazy Kael!
And ate an AMAZING meal... Dustin nailed it! THE best prime-rib I've ever had. Another 4th of July in the books... I really can't believe it's here and gone.






































No comments:
Post a Comment