Monday, July 14, 2014

Camping at Jakeway & dropping girls off at Pictured Rocks

Saturday, June 21, 2014

So we left the ball games and headed to the campsite at Jakeway, and this is the next morning. The kids found snails! So cute... reminded me of the Never Ending Story, which then made me feel old, b/c no one remembered what that movie was!!!


And dun, dun, dun... Cyril John Hogan was born on Tuesday, June 17th in the wee hours of the morning! How adorable is he??? So yes, this little bug is a mere 4-days-old... camping for his first time :)

And yes, that would be his mother :) Um... yes, we would all like to throw her under the bus - ha! But to be fair.. she did run 3-miles the morning before she had him, and it was a severe-thunderstorm as they were driving to the hospital AND her epidural didn't work and she came home on Wednesday AND she went camping... She's a WONDER WOMAN!!! We're all in awe Sara Turvey ;)

And I cropped it to keep this pic, b/c THIS is Wiam... this is how she sucks her thumb... priceless.

AAAAAhhhhhhhhh! Really pulled some heart-strings... but then she started talking about feeding every three hours, changing diapers... aaannnddd it went away pretty fast ;)

{Sigh}... how sweet is he.

No words...

double no words... #babysittersintraining

A-dor-able!!!

The downfall of this weekend is that I volunteered months ago to help bartender at After Hours for the Romper Ride that was stopping in Winthrop. A huge motorcycle ride ... obviously. Of course I can't remember the numbers... it was pretty amazing.

My gut told me it would have been an awesome adult-day... live music and all... but, it didn't happen and I'm glad we camped. However, it was really cool to see this event.


Here's what I missed while I was gone...

Birthday celebrations for Kyle who turned 5!






Pulled home on Sunday the 22nd... shocker(!) it rained.... But of course, Ms. LeaAnn found a way to make it work ;)

Led into Monday, June 23rd.. Wee Nature Tales for the little girls.. which included petting a snake...

Jealous Dad???


Which then led to dropping Lauren & Lindsay off at church camp! Lindsay for 2-days/3-nights & Lauren for 4-days/5-nights! And it was the first time they were in separate camps. All the counselors commented how much they have loved having the girls for the past 2-years and were sad they weren't together... but I think both of them were up for the challenge.

I was a little nervous... but not really. I knew they'd do absolutely wonderful... and they did :)

LeaAnn not in the mood ;)

We went to pick up Lindsay on Wednesday (the little girls and I, as Chris was gone) and she did exactly what Lauren did last year. Not even a glance! She did NOT want to go home... she is more than ready to tackle the 5-night camp next year :)

Lauren also had an awesome time, but did say she was ready that morning she woke up. Those pictures to come ... the camp is sending me a CD. We love Pictured Rocks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously lady, what's with all the snake photos! This is the second post that's given me the shivers tonight!!! :^O And if I could pop out a kid so easily, and have one that was that easy-going, I'd have had 3 more by now. Kudos to your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete