Wednesday, March 9, 2016

the last of February 2016 - leap year!

Thursday, 2/24/16 - Mom FINALLY cleaned the little girls room! Whew... it was becoming "Where the Wild Things Are"... literally. Books and stuffed animals and stuff, were growing up the walls becoming trees and vines... :) yikes... it was out of control.
So! Finally tamed that down... you could actually SEE their floor enough to clean it, laid a new carpet down and you would have thought they had moved into a brand new room :) Ecstatic would be the right word for it... LeaAnn sat her baby monkeys up so they could read at night, too!

Saturday, 2/27 - Volleyball game in Alburnette! Girls did an awesome job!

Lauren serving

Lauren serving again

That night, Dad went to Sean's annual card party, so mom packed up the kids and they all stayed at Maggie's, while we went downtown to watch the Iowa State basketball game! Notice LeaAnn's shirt? :) the new one we exchanged for at Target. And when we got to Maggie's house, we got to meet this adorable baby boy, Dean!!




Sunday, 2/28 - the girls went to Jim & Jeanette's for the afternoon so Chris and I could get ready for our tax appointment, pick up the house, and make sure we were there while the DISH cable guy came to our house to install Cable TV + Internet!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That's how the girls and I felt about it :) And Jeanette showed me how to do this with our clothes! Love it :D

And what appeared on our television Monday, 2/29... an Iowa State Basketball game!!! Seriously, there were no words for how excited I/we were (again, the girls and I)... we were truly giddy. That feeling you get when you truly appreciate something? That's the way I felt...
I realize that we could have done this at anytime... but it made it all the more worth it that we WAITED until we could truly justify it.

Hip, hip, hooray!



Amazingly enough... the end of February 2016...

1 comment:

  1. the first paragraph had me laughing OL! Loved the pics too, of course!

    ReplyDelete