Sunday, 4/22/12
Lauren Dorothy's 7th birthday party!
Beautiful day... a little windy, but nothing that stopped us from being outside! Her first 'friend-only' birthday party was a huge success. (largely due to Grammy offering to take the little girls out of our hands! ;) Bright colors was our only 'theme' & we went with all her favorites :D
Her classmates...
Playing musical chairs...
Lauren was really funny during this... she sang the whole time!
the whole time ;)
Had to put this in ... like her 80's outfit? Compliments of Mimi! And she adored it... wanted to wear it to school the next day even :)
And although she wanted to win & had a good 'hip' strategy ;) she did not, Lily did.
Moved on to an obstacle course that was long & involved, hence no pictures :) but here is the egg-relay race...
everyone did a great job despite the wind.
Next up was painting sun-catchers & then inside for cake! Jessica Cook made the cake and she did such an awesome job...
Pretty proud 7-yr-old :D
and the cake-pops were a huge hit!
and super adorable...
Singing to the birthday girl...
This is what I remember from my birthday parties... streamers & balloons on the mailbox :)
There is something magic about being sang too :) it always produces a beaming smile!
I can't believe she's 7...
I do hope all her wishes come true :)
This was after presents...
Everyone was wanting a turn with the magic 8-ball... remember those?! I can't remember if Tara or Mendi had one? So much fun :)
Wish I had snapped this earlier... but had to get one of the two of them... Lauren's friends were great at including Lindsay in the fun.
And her birthday party-day ended with a trip to O'Connors where she found her gift from us, a new bike! (Never mind Lindsay on top of the truck ;) She's perfectly safe... promise!)
No comments:
Post a Comment