Thursday, July 30, 2015

Big girls go to church camp + the littles go to Backbone

Monday, June 22, 2015

The girls could not wait to get to camp! Again this year, both girls wanted to attend church camp at Pictured Rocks, and were both able to go on a week long adventure :) Drop off time is not until 5pm, so that day (they were already packed of course ;) we went to Manchester to try and find jeans I believe (as fair was just around the corner) and after we were done shopping, we headed into Weidner Drug for food and ice cream! Aren't my dates adorable?

Here we are that night dropping the girls off! McKenna Lehs joined them this year... their smiles tell all :)

It was the Girls Only again and they went swimming, zip-lining, hiking, a trip to Adventureland... jam packed with fun stuff. And even though it stormed a few times, Lindsay had no troubles and they can't wait to again next year!

Here is the only picture I have from Pictured Rocks thus far... I will add them in as I get them!

And my master plan all along was to vacation/camp with the little girls this week, and it worked! We started out at Backbone, pulled it up at dark on Monday night after we dropped off Lauren & Lindsay (a mistake to try at night ;) and then we got up there after grocery shopping at noon on Tuesday! And this was Tuesday, June 23rd, Maggie & Sara came up to play on the beach.

This was my snap :)

So Backbone has a ton to offer, and I'm really sad (especially after camping there) that we don't go more often... it's beautiful. Tons of trails, the beach is fun, the roads are paved in the camping area :) it's a win/win... I'm guessing it could be mighty packed on the weekends, but for during the week, it was awesome.

Here the girls and I are on Wednesday the 24th hiking!


Made me super excited to come back this fall and take pictures :)




On the way back to the camper the girls found this teeny-tiny baby toad!


And then, the plan was to adult camp this weekend... I didn't know the last time we'd had more than 18-hrs without kids, or the last time we 'vacationed' w/o kids, so Jeanette graciously agreed to watch them, pick up Lauren & Lindsay from camp, so we could do so. We moved the camper on Thursday morning (after terrible storms rolled through and closed down 1/2 the camping spots on Wednesday) So not without stress, but super glad we got it done. We were able to enjoy the day, and isn't this spot so adorable??? Tucked out of the main drive.. I just loved it.





Storm damage... one of the rangers said he thought it was a little tornado, and of course others called it straight line winds... but roofs of houses and sheds close to hear where also destroyed... pretty amazing.

They missed their sisters, but they were pretty happy being the only two on the couch!


So then on Friday, the girls went to Jim & Jeanette's, I did laundry, repacked and Chris & I started our 'vacation' :) We canoed on Saturday and picked up the kids on Sunday. We did stay home Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights... cleaned house and got ready for fair (!)



We had a wonderful time, and this camping spot secured our spot for the 4th of July, which is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment