Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ohio summer trip 2013 - Tuesday, July 9 - Thursday 11

Tuesday, 7/9/13

Our first full day complete with cousins! Here we are hanging out in the morning before pool time. Carson enjoyed building too as Mimi tried to get LeaAnn into it ;)

LeaAnn was just into rough-housing and whatever it took to get her into the pool :)

Which included wrestling Mimi

Birthday-party Monopoly :)

Finally the pool! Mimi took the older kids down first while the little two took a nap.

She quickly took to being independent


This started when Lydia wanted to go down the slide. I put this raft right underneath the bottom to catch her... and then all the cousins followed suit!




She was so proud of herself :)


LeaAnn did end up going down the slide on Saturday I think? But no pic of course.

Look at this.... Lauren 8-3mo, Lindsay 6-11mo, Elle 8-7mo & Carson 6-1/2... I know I have another pic just like this one!

Just a tad bit younger ;)
6/19/08  -Elle 3-1/2, Lauren 3-2mo, Lindsay 22mo, Carson ~17mo

LeaAnn did dig the mini-jet-ski :)

as did Lydia!

Wednesday, 7/10/13

Morning games before the Hoisington's came for a visit!


LeaAnn did try to stick with it ;)

I laid the little two down for a short nap (story of my life these days) and then we headed to Jack & Jill jump house. Took LeaAnn a bit to figure out what she liked, and she decided she LOVED this slide! Thanks to Mom for taking pics, I forgot my camera!


Fam picture? I think not ;)

Ruby brought Sydney Schiff & Reagan White (aka mini-me Tara-Setser & Sara Mainous! Holy cow :))  Fun to have a picture of this... Tara, Jayme, Sara, Jayme, Jayme, Jayme ;)


And again with the Hoisington's :) Just for the record, we did not even get out of the parking lot and LeaAnn & Lydia fell asleep :)

That night in the tub...

Lauren and Lindsay have  nick-named this jet-bubble-bath, "a little bit of heaven' :) This is a MUST do when visiting Ohio.

That night Lydia had a fever that turned into 105-degrees! :(  I went with Mom to her Zumba class that was super fun but when we came home, little Ms. Smallsy was glassy-eyed and super-hot. Gave her Tylenol right away, but it scared me to death... her little heart was going 90-miles-per-minute. We headed to an urgent care, and as we drove, she slowly started to feel better. First she asked for something to drink, then something to eat, and by the time we were at Kroger's (I wanted to see what her fever actually was before we went ahead with Urgent Care) she was asking for an ice-cream cone saying, "I'm so hungry!" Whew! What a relief. She slept with me that night, just to make sure she did not get that hot again. Every other night is was LeaAnn ;) but that night, it was Lydia.

Thursday, 7/11/13

Cousin day #2! Mimi made flubber!



Like Carson's snake?

And Ms. Lydia was MUCH better :D

And that afternoon we went swimming at Aunt Jayne's house! And Uncle John was the hero of the rescue-game! He was such a great sport :)




You would never know it by looking at them but the pool was very refreshing... so refreshing it was hard for me to get into! I'm such a wimp about cold water ;) but to my defense, I have ALWAYS been this way :)


I think everyone slept good this night :)

3 comments:

  1. I did not know that Lydia got sick! How scary! AND I love the pool....I am officially going to attempt to talk Fred into one in our backyard ;)

    ReplyDelete