Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pictured Rocks Church Camp - the Jump!

Monday, 6/24/13 through Wednesday, 6/26/13

The girls once again decided that they would love to go to an overnight church camp again this year! So back to Pictured Rocks they went, located right outside of Monticello. Only this time they stayed for two nights instead of one :) Here they are when we dropped them off with their roommates, Riley & Katie. 

I was nervous about the two-night stay, mainly b/c Lindsay has been working on not being afraid of storms, and it was supposed to storm all week! But none-the-less they were both super excited and shooed us out the door after we dropped them off :) I wondered how I was going to write about their experience with no pictures, but lucky for me (and them) the counselors sent me a CD of their adventure for only $2! :D

The first night they went creek-stomping... and got absolutely covered in mud!

The whole group...

The start of their trek...






With their counselor Jenn :)










Was definitely a highlight of their trip!

The next day archery...


and bouldering...




Also they got to mountain-board :)


Pet snakes.. notice the poncho? It rained a lot...


and tarantulas!!!

The official group picture :)

and again :)

Needless to say they had a fabulous time... so much that when I picked them up (granted I had the little two with me) they would hardly look at me! Neither wanted to go home and were all but mad that they had too. :) I will take that it was a great time and they definitely want to go back.  Lindsay did do really well with all the storms (mom not so much, I hardly slept for two nights!) so it was a great learning curve for both of us ;)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool that they took all these pics (could have done w/o the tarantula thou)

    ReplyDelete