Wednesday, 8/14/13 at Kings Island
At the beginning of summer when I map out the months of June, July & August (and try not to get depressed ;) I realized that I had to start work 8-whole-work-days ahead of Lauren & Lindsay! And 8-days of daycare, x4 does not sound appealing... or trying to find homes for the big two for all of those days without becoming a burden on friends.. equally as trying :) When I was describing my situation to Mimi she said, "well, they can just come to Ohio for the week!" A perfect solution :D Mimi got home from their 5-day-birthday-bike-ride on Sunday and turned around and drove on Monday to get them. Chris & Mimi met 1/2 way in LeRoy, IL, ate lunch at Subway, and then turned around and drove right back the same way they came! Chris was able to work the entire 9-hrs, bonus for him ;)
On the agenda while in Ohio was school clothes shopping, school shoe shopping, swimming at Ruby and Jayne's pool, a trip to Kings Island and LOTS of cousin time :) Here they are on the morning before going to Kings Island... modeling their new jammies.
Such a great feeling to have new tennis shoes :)
the outfit for the Kings Island trip
It ended up that Donnie and Vicki (Ashley's mom) were able to go the whole time too!
Mimi even went on the log-ride with all of them :)
I want to ride this tree ride sometime ;)
Their favorite White Water Canyon... even though this trip they had PERFECT weather, sunny & cool.
the girls just told me it was a little cold, but they still loved it :D
Shake, Rattle & Roll... Mimi said, "not so much" ;)
Lauren said, "we were moving when Mimi took this picture!"
On the Eiffel Tower... you can see where they are building Banji (sp?) The new roller coaster. This is where Son of Beast used to be. Lauren says it's supposed to go upside down 14 times and you evidently hang from it. If it doesn't go up as high as Diamondback, I'll give it a go ;) Not one for heights anymore...
Mimi said, "the girls rode this 4x in a row!"
They loved this one too! (I did too ;) On our previous trips to KI, the kids have never stood in line for it (too long according to Uncle Donnie :) But! There was no wait this time and they rode it bunch of times in a row.
Taking a break and eating dip-n-dots :) Notice Donnie & Ashley's sweatshirts??? I've never seen such ;)
8/15/13
Everyone spent the night at Mimi's that night. The next day on Thursday, Mimi took them to her place of work... Mimi's boss (I'm failing to remember her name) said, "I'd hire them all!"
Everyone spent the night at Mimi's that night. The next day on Thursday, Mimi took them to her place of work... Mimi's boss (I'm failing to remember her name) said, "I'd hire them all!"
A McDonald's picnic lunch at Glenwood Discovery Garden!
This looks so cool... I would love to go. Lauren said this was a gigantic wooden train-track. So cool and very fun.
Lindsay said, "you could control the trains and how fast they went!"
Gigantic mushrooms :)
Lindsay was participating in an ant program.
miniature pond with goldfish
the tree house - and they even got to play in it!
This was a misting tunnel says Lauren & Lindsay... so fun!
A wonderful time had by all. THANK YOU Mimi & Pap for such a wonderful and fun-filled visit! And for all the pictures :D










































SO fun to see all my pics on your blog!! (and I might add that they all spent the night together every other night and were together Every day!)
ReplyDeleteI love how much fun they had! How awesome that they get to do this and experience awesome OHIO time!
ReplyDelete