Wish I would have taken a pic before they left!
Last night we were eating inside-out pizza for supper, and the girls are talking about all their friends who were going to the home football game. I say something like, yes, we're planning on going to a game, just not tonight... but oh wait, we'd better look at the calendar to find when the other home games are! Turns out there are only 3 home games! Chris & I finagled some 'secret' discussion, and decided they should get to go. We walk into the kitchen and Lindsay says, "I think I need to eat one more piece mom!" And I say, "that's a good idea b/c you're going to need it if you're going to the game tonight."
The girls looked at each other, their mouths dropped open and then they started screeching, "we're going to the game! we're going to the game!" They proceeded to run around the counter to Chris, hugged him and said, "oh thank you, Dad!" Lydia quickly jumped off her chair and did the exact same thing :)
Chris, Lauren, Lindsay & Lydia all took off in the van and went to the game. LeaAnn & I stayed home so Ms. Wiam could get some much needed sleep. Chris said they were super stars at the game. Playing w/their friends, including Lydia & intermittently watching the game ;) So not only was their expression & gratitude for the opportunity heart-warming enough... Lydia's ending statement at the end of the night sealed the deal.
Chris picked Lydia up and said, "let's go find your sisters, it's time to go." And Lydia grabbed his face w/both of her hands, kissed him on the lips and said, "Dad... thank you for the ball game." (tear) A last minute decision, priceless. :)
Priceless. Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDelete