Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ohio summer trip 2013 - Friday, July 12

Friday, 7/12/13

First things first, King-Dad drove all over creation to find a computer with Skype on it :) He was so sweet about it. For some reason he could not put it on his work computer. He ended up at Craig & Sharon's house and Maggie helped him make it work :) They were all vying for his complete attention... especially big-girl who you can see is yelling at him ;)

'The-great-aunt-Jill' was arriving today, the big-girls slept over at the Koontz's and I managed to find my way around a 20-mile loop on Donnie's old bicycle that dad created for me. I was on the phone with him 3-times, but I made it!  :)

He was astounded I didn't know where I was in the middle-of-no-where-Preble-county. I assured him I had never been on those roads before! And I wish I had, I surely would have used them when I was in high school ;) probably best I didn't :)

That afternoon Mom set up the slip-n-slide down the hill for the girls :)

With a big puddle at the bottom that no-one wanted to splash into :)


She was so cute :)


and loved every minute of it...





LeaAnn preferred to lounge around, snooping into whatever the adults were doing :)

on the raft, keeping it from going 'too-fast-mom!'



I took LeaAnn (adults needed a break ;) & Lauren with me to Target, where we acquired a few new swim-suits :) and when we came back, dinner wasn't quite ready, so the-great-aunt-Jill brought out her giant bag of treats!
Complete with wooden car for Carson to paint...

and fashion-sticker-fun for all the girls



Notice the 'new' swim-suit? She did great at Target btw ;) What in the world is Pap doing??

Why installing the Beyer's new hitch & bike rack... that's what! :D  the Hitch Store - would totally recommend! Customer service where an actual person answered on second ring, very helpful, free shipping, arrived 24-hrs later!

Huge treat, steak-salad w/rolls for dinner! Donnie said, "I've never seen this before" ;) Meaning steak-salad was not on the normal agenda while we were growing up... but glad it is now! :D

Complete with sweet corn :)

Delicious! Thanks Mimi & Pap!

Off to feed the donkey's the scraps.

Btw, Elle & Ashley are missing... they went to Justin Bieber concert!!!


A big-cardboard-box? The best toy around.





Love Lydia's 'marching' arms?

I was trying to hide :) should have just smiled.

There used to just be two of them sitting there!!!




Sisters!


And to no surprise L4 was not too cooperate... oh well, maybe next year? Thank you Aunt Jill for driving down to visit us!

2 comments: