Saturday, September 6, 2014

Alabama! (day 7 & the day we flew home)

Friday, 8/8/14

Our last day. So hard... you want to enjoy it...it's hard to believe that 6-days has really went by... and that reality is on the brink...

Elle went zip-lining with Donnie and the girls and I decided to go shopping for souvenirs. That was always a big thing for me, to get a tshirt from the boardwalk every year.

And when we got back, we had lunch and headed to the pool.

Ice cream!

We did go to the beach and the lazy river for a bit after the pool... but it's just not the same when you know it's coming to an end.

Love this picture!

Here is LeaAnn styling her tshirt we got her... the girl and her pulled up shorts!!! Ahahaha!

Look at these sun-kissed beauties!


Love Carson's smile in this one :)

And b/c we didn't have to drive and we weren't leaving the condo until 10am... Chris & I couldn't resist just one last visit to Florabama :) This was just one of the stages, there were 3 to choose from! And this bar (though on the beach) is where Kenny Chesney was having his one and only concert for the year that very next weekend!  I can't even imagine how amazing it would be...

Walking around, we found this...

That's a lot of alcohol!!

The next morning... the Koontz's headed out :( and as I was finishing up packing, Chris took the girls to the lazy river for one more hour. LeaAnn couldn't have been more thrilled :)

We drove back, no problems. Checked in, no problems. Camping out before our first flight. Lindsay met a friend, Lily who shared a love of American Girl Dolls :)

After the first flight...


oh so sweet...

Now in Atlanta, GA... we took the fast floors this time to our concourse, had an 1-1/2 to kill. It was 5pm, so we decided to find a spot to eat. Buffalo Wild Wings? Perfect. :) I sent mom & Jeanette a picture text that I had assured the girls that, "never-ever did Dad or I, ever get to eat dinner in an airport restaurant, so to consider themselves lucky!" Mimi replied with, "that's b/c they used to feed us on the plane!" Which is true :)

We got stuck on the runway for about 45-minutes b/c of a storm.. which was scary for the girls. I assured them that, no-way, no-how would they let us fly if it wasn't safe... the lightning stopped and we started making our way for take-off.

There was some turbulence b/c of the weather but it was so worth it when we came across this view...

breathtaking...

I just couldn't get over the colors. This was with my big camera... I couldn't get my camera phone to quite capture it this way.


Amazing...

And it came to end... rather abruptly. And even though it's pretty much taken me a month to get re-situated, it was so worth it. :) I sure hope we recreate the vacation in 2016!!! :D Thank you Donnie for organizing and pushing the envelope to have us all go, it was an awesome & super-special vacation.

2 comments:

  1. sigh…thanks again Jayme. (can you email Donnie & Ash an invitation to your blog?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen photos like that out of a plane. What a sight!

    ReplyDelete