We invited Jim & Jeanette over for dinner on Jim's actual birthday, Friday, 10/24! White chicken chili soup, rolls, guac & broccoli-slaw salad was on the menu, Grammy's German chocolate cupcakes for dessert (or apple bars if King Dad was willing to share ;)
Spent all day creating a space that was clean for us to eat, and then that afternoon we had to run to Independence to pick up the balloons to decorate for the Halloween party the next day... so while I was quick cooking the soup (it's insanely easy) the kids started a game of Shanghai :)
Love the birthday boy's attire? Always so dapper in his shirt & ties :)
The girls were left in-charge at nap time so that I was able to make solo grocery-run (heavenly!) While I was gone, they made this 'card' for Jim! Adorable. So lucky that we had a fog-day and the girls were home from school! I never would have gotten 1/2 of what I accomplished if it had not been for these two :)
Lindsay's drawing of Grandpa in his blue chair w/a present :) SO cute, b/c it looks just like what they would see! Plus his skinny little legs & boots...
The girls were waitresses, and had a great time doing it. I forgot to take a picture of the menus they made! (will do that)
Really cute and everyone played along. Since I was the chef, I did not get any pictures of that, but managed to 'make' the birthday boys smile together a little later on.
Surprise! I love how Jim is saying, "get off me!"
After dinner and before dessert, we had scheduled 'entertainment' :)
She was sweating by the end of it and ready for some water and of course...
cupcakes! We tried to make a 67 with the candles ;)
Yours truly stole Grandpa's lap..
and helped him blow out the candles...
AND I made him sit back on the couch to take a group photo :)
I think I wore him out by the end of it ;)
Ah look! He did manage to look at the camera... and all the girls did too! (At the same time even!)
Happy birthday Jim! We love you :D





















oh this is all Precious! I love the dance recital Lydia! And what Great pics with Grammy and Grampa And Chris!
ReplyDelete