Two super-fun outings for the Four-tunate Mom & King Dad this month... started out with the Eric Church concert on Wednesday, 9/17! Such the special occasion, I arranged to get my hair cut & fixed on my way to Des Moines :)
"Come on Jayme, kick your feet up!" says Devin my hairdresser of 12 years :) and so I did.. Needless to say, who doesn't feel like a million bucks after you get your hair fixed :)
I was giddy! Straight up giddy, didn't sleep well for 2 nights! Jeanette was gone on her Canada trip and Chris was gone to Nodaway, so the kids & I did 2 days solo. I dropped the kids off with Julie Francois & family and I was off!
So giddy you can see that I took a selfie & posted it on IG! ;))
We had a tail-gate party before the concert... the weather as you can see was GORGEOUS. And it was so amazing to soak up every minute of it.
I had the nice lady take this picture too b/c this is how close our hotel was to Wells Fargo arena!
The Story City clan joined in...
Thank you Jody for offering us the opportunity!!
Jayne, Jody, Betsi & myself
the scene!
Double bonus, Dwight Yoakam opened for Eric!
Yes, I'm a Dwight fan... twangy music and all :) definite 4H & high school memories, so it was over the top that he was the opener!
And it's hard to describe this concert... it was awesome. Plain & simple. Maybe it was all the fun details that led up to the actual event that made it that more special... but if I could re-do those 12-hours, I would in a heart-beat. That's how fun it was. And how amazing Eric Church was in concert!
The only video I took... Jody took a bunch, didn't even think of it!
Ahh... I want to go back :) But he's coming to the Jones County Fair in July, so hopefully, we'll be able to get tickets and go again!
Fast forward 11-days and here we are again, kid-free! Thank you Mimi! :D We drove on Friday night to Carroll, IA, saw Dirk Glynn, and then drove from Carroll to Omaha via a few back roads.
Driving by Wendell farms in southwest Iowa... thousands of cattle. Amazing.
Lunch at this sketchy looking place in Harlan, IA... What's that saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover?" Perfect description. The place was new, spacious, clean and the food was awesome! THE best brisket I've ever tasted. (It was smoked) My burger was delicious too. Glad we stopped, just wish we would have showed up a few minutes earlier so we didn't have to wait so long ;)
Finally made it to Omaha, happy hour :)
Heading into the rodeo!
Tuesday morning before we all headed out the door at 7am. Love you mom, thanks for everything...


























You are So Adorable!
ReplyDelete