Monday, November 23, 2015

Dawn + Gina = Weekend trip to Ohio!

This was a first! We literally 'winged' it, and left the house on early Friday morning, October 2nd. Here was Lauren the night before at 10pm (!) Not the 'normal' if we were going to drive to Ohio the next day ;)
Thursday, 10/1 was "Pink Out" night for girls' volleyball. This tradition started (when we didn't know any different) and Lauren was in Kindergarten... we headed into the game... just thought the girls would like it, and they were told to wear pink.. so Lauren did. She went all out (just like LeaAnn does now) and she won the 'pink' prize! We were completely not expecting it, and she was so excited! Fast forward 4-years... she STILL went all out (LOVE it!) and she won again! This time, a DQ gift certificate was the prize, worth it!

Friday, 10/2 - we made it! Mom and Dad were gone to Cleveland for Uncle Jim's class reunion, so we pulled into the garage like we owned the place :) It was a really funny feeling... and what did we do? Had a party... naturally ;)  How cute is this?!

Oh Elliot!!


Cousins had a blast, though they were a bit miffed as well with no Mimi & Pap there... but they made it work :)

Saturday, 10/3 - started with a trip to Elle's volleyball game - Go Cougars! ;)


And ENDED with the main event, the entire reason we made this quick trip to Ohio, Dawn & Gina's wedding reception! They were married at the courthouse in July... and all along said they were going to have a reception, only at first it was going to be at the end of August, and I'm so glad they changed it, b/c this way we were ALL able to make it!



The food was awesome of course... I LOVED these cheese sticks! Sooo yummy!

It was in this really cool little barn called, "Grandpa's barn"... in the middle of nowhere, despite the cold weather, it really was the perfect setting :) Like Lydia's earrings? ;)


The speeches were awesome!!! Hope they were video'd :)



LOVE Gina's expression here :) Lori was JUST beginning to get started ;)

Whew! Relief :)




So cool... I took out a few, but so fun to capture their laughs :)






 I had no idea they would make it so formal, but I'm really glad they did :)






Thanks Mom!

Vickilynne and I were both at it :)



They were so excited about dancing!


 And this cool "Grandpa's Barn" ALSO came with this AMAZING upstairs!!! This is his obsession hobby ;) Really, really cool...

And he even had a Sasquatch!!! Several of them actually ;)


The guy literally said to me, "Yup, there's the people following him... and there's the hunter who's going to shoot him.. you know, how it's really going to happen when they find him." Wish I had some emoji's to insert here :))))




It was amazing...

Our dancers!!!










Great picture of the 6 of them I thought :)






Love, love...


To say they were tired was an understatement :)




The cake was made by Aunt Joyce... told the girls, "this is like the same cake mom and dad had at their wedding!" :)

It was an amazing and special night... all the way around. I'm so glad we made the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment