Wednesday, 8/26/15 - East Buchanan First day of school!
The Kindergarten girls :) Lydia at 5 - 10mo Lindsay at 6 (check out the height difference!)
I did not have the door thing figured out then :) Lauren is 5-4months!
The 3rd grade girls! Lindsay at 9 Lauren at 8-4months (so maybe the height difference isn't as big as I think ?? ;)

Lauren at 5th (what?!?) grade :)
Love this one :)
And then I got a call 2-hours into my meeting at school... and I thought to myself, "someone is sick already?!?" Not so much... just a fall from the monkey bars and a broken wrist! Her right hand none the less! Luckily King Dad to the rescue :)
Her whole class made her cards ... they were just the sweetest
She was hanging in there and LeaAnn was enjoying 'taking care' of Lydia :)
We had dentist appointments... LeaAnn ended up having 2 cavities in her upper teeth... she was so brave and cooperative. Sat there like a champ, the nurse and the doctor couldn't believe she was only 4!
Sympathetic, sweet sisters....
So sweet
I just wanted a picture b/c they all looked so nice!
Friday, 8/28/15 - this young man, aka: Pap, retired!! Hooray & congratulations Dad! I just loved this picture...
We celebrated a long week with a family dinner to 'R Place'
and toasted to Dad & Mom on their next venture! I was really quite emotional about Dad retiring... so similar to when Jim retired just a year earlier. Both dad's had a truck to drive, it was something they did their whole lives, they both had customers who were like family... they cared about them and the quality of service they provided. Wish I could have been there to celebrate with Mimi & Pap, but this was going to have to do <3
That weekend Jill and the kids came up... they dropped Eric off at the airport ... he was to be gone for a WHOLE MONTH - whew... what a huge mountain to climb! Not that they can't do it... but still a hurdle to face. So I'm glad they started it off at our house :)
Lydia found a new friend :)
Sydney & LeaAnn had fun playing babies
Owen did great driving the lawn mower
That Sunday night, all clean and ready for a new week at school... the big girls dressed Caroline the American Girl doll in the matching jammies that Lydia was wearing AND made a cast for her!
Melt. my. heart.
And then FINALLY, it was THIS GIRL'S turn to have her first day of school! First day of 4-yr-old preschool. Pretty close in height :)
LeaAnn at 4-1/2 Lindsay 5 - August 2011

And she loves this white jean jacket... I don't think I could pay any of the others to wear it!
How big are they...
The wings flap on this back-pack... I mean, I can't even. It's so LeaAnn it's ridiculous.
I don't think I was really prepared for how this was going to feel... and it just kind of happened. Really bittersweet.
Big sigh... it happened... and it's just going to keep happening, like it or not.
Maggie snapped this pic, b/c believe it or not, a week later, Kyle fell off the same monkey bars during the same recess! And they are in the same Kindergarten class! Poor Mrs. Cooksley :) And that's a wrap for our first days of school 2015 :)






















































the video of all 4 getting on the bus….oh my, makes Me emotional!
ReplyDelete