Friday, May 16, 2014
I was so pumped that I got to go on this field-trip! They need less & less parental support for these things, so I was happy I was one of the first to email so I could attend :) We traveled by bus to Crystal Lake Caves in Dubuque.
And the weather, as you can see, did not cooperate again! Just damp and never got above 60 I don't think... but we managed :) We had enough for 3 individual groups to go into the caves, ours being the 2nd to go in.. so here we are hanging-out, outside waiting our turn to go in. I joined in a game of tag to warm up!
Into the caves!
It's been a long time for me! Super cool, and as usual, the pics really don't do the stalagmites and stalactites any justice...
Hard to tell, but this was a picture of 'crystal lake'... it's only a couple feet deep, but really long. And very, very clear!
Oh! And did I forget to mention, it might as well been called the 'bat' tour, b/c we saw NINE different bats! Yes, I wrote NINE...
Pretty good shot of that one ;)
Meeting another group ...
Can you see the dinosaur? I thought this one was super cool :)
ANOTHER bat..
That jug of moonshine has been there since the 1800's!!!
Do you see how close that bat is to Averiel! I ducked my head and ran :) well, walked quickly. Our guide even said... 'he's a bit close for me...'
These were the coolest! They called them Popsicle straws...
Noah Walhart... sent this to his mom :)
Waiting on the 3rd group to come out... found out later that some of those bats woke-up and were flying around!!!
Went to a park in central Dubuque for lunch... lovely, lovely weather we have here in Iowa on May 16th ;)
Again, despite the cold, super glad I got to go... wonderful time!





























Awesome shots (of the cave and kids!)
ReplyDelete