Monday, May 12, 2014

TAP dance recital 2014

Starting with the rehearsal on Friday, May 2nd night... SO thankful Mimi was here to help me! Came home from the circus, changed clothes, packed food, and headed to North Linn school for the rehearsal at 6pm. The little girls got to go first. I did not intend to tape at all, but they caught me so off guard when they actually started dancing that I had too! I still was under the impression that they may or may not even walk on stage ;) but after they were done, they were mad they couldn't go back! So adorable...


No idea why the thumbnail wasn't there??? Here's the second video...

Thankfully Mom took Lydia & LeaAnn home after they were done... and 9pm later (wowzers) Lauren, Lindsay & I headed home.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mom made the girls lunch and they wanted to have a picnic!

So anxious to have nice weather and be. out. in. it!


But as you can see, to say that this was 'nice' weather, was a bit of a stretch... it did eventually warm up, but the wind was a bit chilly.
 
Didn't stop them ;)

I really thought, I'll have plenty of time... and as usual, I didn't :) Long story short, Mimi ran to town for a few items, tried to save us seats (which went out the window b/c they make you wait in line... 3-years into this, we might eventually figure the system out ;) She got home, I'm frantically trying to get everyones make-up and hair done, Chris is trying to finish the lawn (?), we walk out the door to arrive at 2pm, get all the way there, and realize that Lindsay doesn't have her feather skirt. 

Right.

Rather than call Chris and try to explain what we're looking for, and all the places it might be, I drove home... way too fast. HOWEVER, Mimi was there :) stayed with the little girls, and it all worked out perfectly. Thanks Mom for taking these!

Loved all the facial expressions, so I kept them all ;)



Hilarious!


There's the feather skirt ;)

w/friend Isabelle


And here are the videos! On YouTube it tells you when '3rd party content' is recognized (all the songs they dance too) so I really have no idea if you're going to hear the music or not? Any maybe that's why a few of the thumbnails did not show up? And I did wonder if I'd rather just sit and watch and not tape? Maybe next year I should buy a video from them and see if I like it. It was a lot of work, but definitely worth the effort.

Lindsay tap

Lindsay ballet

video - Lindsay jazz

L2,3,4 finale

After the 3pm show... they all did so great! Love this pic of King Dad and his dancing princesses :) Very proud of you Lindsay, Lydia & LeaAnn!

And SUPER glad we worked so hard to get this family shot! Love, love!

And speak of adore... I think I might have to blow this one up. Breath-taking to me...

 

And Kreighton & Maggie came to see the girls too! Super special :D

And then AFTER these pictures, we're still not sure what to do.. it's 5:30pm, Lauren is supposed to be in her room around 6pm for the 7pm show... did we have to leave the gym with all of our stuff?? Decisions, decisions.. we DID have to end up exiting the gym, re-waiting in line... Grammy, Maggie, KP, Lindsay, Lydia, LeaAnn & Chris all went to Troy to eat, and Mimi, myself and Lauren stayed back and ate the lunch meat sandwich they were selling. NEXT year, if we are so lucky to be chosen to be in both shows again ;) we're going to pack dinner and a cooler... weather permitting of course ;)

Pretty girls!!! I did not touch this picture except to put a vignette around it... I wish I could get lighting right like that all the time :D Love! Frankie & Lauren (age 9)

Lauren with friend Olivia

Mimi said, 'strike a pose!'


The crew waiting...

This little one didn't quite understand WHY she couldn't go back on stage and dance 'wike Warn is'... imagine that ;)


For real?!? I think this picture shows her personality to a T!!!


Lauren tap

Lauren jazz

Look at this precious picture... Lydia just sitting there watching. She did that all by herself.


video - Lauren hip-hop

L1 finale

Picture with Lauren after her show was over... you did an amazing job Ms. Lauren Dorothy! Couldn't be more proud of you :D

I'd call our dance season a success... can't wait for next year :)

1 comment: