Sunday, April 26, 2015
Before we left... LeaAnn singing, "Little Red Wagon"... adorable
All four girls wanted to come with me and I was super glad they did. 2.5 miles, a gorgeous morning... I knew they could do it :)
Lots of kiddos for this 10-year reunion...
And a great group of adults...
I'm happy to report that I have raised money for the March of Dimes in memory of Luke and in honor in Parker & Owen every year that we have walked...
Which I had to go back in time and look of course ;) and I have not made every one but it sure was fun to go back and look at these! Thank you to those who continue to support Luke's Legacy!
Our first walk...April / May 2006 - pregnant with Lindsay, this was the May after Luke was born.
May 2007 - no kids for me this year and Kelly is pregnant with Parker! I remember b/c she wasn't allowed to walk :)
May 2008 - Lindsay was 21 months, Lauren had just turned 3... I see Laynee in her stroller, she was 17-months old, Parker was about a year, Peyton who had just turned 1 (behind my head :( ) and Maria was pregnant with Talen. Alaynna would be 4 and Kaylee also almost 2... what a group we had!!
thank you Kelly :) here is 2009 (I was pregnant with Lydia) Parker is up front, the Lange girls are in the stroller in the middle but I'm not sure who is in the stroller right beside me?
Oooohhh... who is this sweet lil' thing??? My sweet Lydia Alice... oh those cheeks. This was 2010, and I remember leaving here and driving to Story City to meet newborn Emma!
She was such a nugget...
2011 I unfortunately don't have pics of, b/c I know that I took Lauren & Lindsay who attempted to ride on bikes :) and LeaAnn in a stroller! And I remember vividly b/c I was out of breath after walking 4-miles! (and not happy about it ;) 2012 was Grandma Rita's Celebration of Life in Ohio, and I'm thinking that's why we were not there... and 2013 I'm guessing was b/c of Emma's birthday party...
And this was 2014 which I was in attendance, but do not have a group pic for...
but back to the present... Matt, Kelly & Luke's Legacy were being given an honor for supporting the March of Dimes for 10-years...
I was trying to write this story and then decided just to cut & paste from Kelly's facebook post :) she says it best, "Dale and Suzanne Felton are the ambassador family for the March Dimes this year in Cedar Rapids! They are one of the most amazing couples Matt and I have ever met! Their son Ian was born prematurely at 25 weeks and lost his battle. Their daughter McKenna was also born prematurely and was actually in the NICU when we were there with Luke. Dale and Suzanne got us through some tough times when we were in the hospital with Luke and helped us during the days, months, and years following the loss of our Luke. They truly are an inspiration! Very excited to walk next weekend in memory of Luke and all babies born too early...and to celebrate babies like McKenna!!! See you next weekend Dale and Suzzane!!!!"
Obviously a very special, touching and moving time for these two families...
And I know that the sun is shining... but I also believe... and I believe in orbs and I believe in miracles... I believe that Luke is in these pictures. I had chills when I went to edit them...
I zoomed in obviously so you could see...
I think it's truly amazing & a miracle
I just love it...
These little two did a great job... Lydia made it the whole way w/o a break :) she was not happy about it... but she did it ;)
LeaAnn strutted her stuff... took a little piggy back ride, but was also a rock star.
LeaAnn & Kading
Afterwards
And b/c we had no where to go... we waited in line for all the jumpy rides/slides & face paintings :)
Girls had a fabulous time and happy that we will continue the tradition.





.jpg)




.jpg)





































No comments:
Post a Comment