Wednesday, May 20, 2015

the beginning of May & Mother's Day

The beginning of this month was wet! And smiley :)  the girls say, "Mom, can we have a face for lunch?"

Wednesday, 5/6...my two little sweeties :)

May was also filled with practice, practice, practice! It was pouring... I mean, pouring here... this was Tuesday, 5/5. Our softball league is K-2 plays T-ball, 3rd/4th coach-pitch and 5th/6th is girls pitch.. and this year, the pitch girls did not have enough to make a team, and they asked 3rd/4th grade girls if they wanted to move up.... and b/c we are softies :) and felt bad that they didn't have enough for a team, we agreed and let Lauren join. And what that means is, one more practice and one more game :)

This was Wednesday, 5/6... soccer practice in the rain.

Our schedule has been as such:
Monday - Lauren soccer from 4:15 - 5:15 in Independence (I have relied on Kathy Kehrli to do this running) b/c Lindsay has softball at 5pm in Quasky. Lauren then has ball in Quasky from 6-7 for coach-pitch and then from 7-8 for girls pitch :)

Tuesday - Lindsay soccer from 5:15 - 6pm
Wednesday - same schedule as Monday only I can drive Lauren & Keeley and Lindsay rides to a friend's house to get to softball
Thursday - same schedule as Tuesday
Saturday - soccer games, different times & places for both girls...

This was a new experience for us... and it's been a lot, with plenty of learning curves... and creative suppers ;) but we've managed, and both the little and big girls have enjoyed their 'go-go' status...

And this is what little people do in the van when it rains :)

The girls were patiently waiting to go 'real' camping... and so they improvised and made their own campsite ;)

And for Mother's Day weekend, we actually decided to pull the trigger and GO camping! We pulled up on Thursday, 5/7... how 'bout the Wilgenbusch's new camper?!? Pretty nice :)))

This was Saturday, 5/9 - we camped Friday night, Lindsay had a game in Cedar Falls at 10:30 and Lauren a game in Independence at noon... so I took Lindsay, and Chris took the other 3. They won their game! Super proud smile here :)

And these were pictures from Maggie's phone from Friday night...




Unfortunately, I fell ill on Saturday, and Lydia had complained on Friday but didn't think it was anything... so Lydia & I spent the night at home on Saturday night instead of camping, and Sunday (Mother's Day) was kind of a wash... but here are the super sweet things I got from the girls...






And just realized that I did not take a picture of what LeaAnn made me! Will do that... a beautiful bouquet of flowers :) and with Dad's help, a pair of pruning shears and a folding picnic table... so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment