Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#3 Buch Co Fair ~ Swine show & Pie baking/auction

Thursday, July 9, pig show day! I was so thankful that Chris was here, whew ... it's a lot. So much fun of course, just saying it and doing it are 2 different things, and it's way more work than anyone would think. As always, takes me back to how lucky I was, what awesome opportunities my parents gave me, how it wouldn't be possible without them, and how involved the parent has to be to make this happen... but, we wouldn't have it any other way.

The beginning... what will this picture look like in 9 more years...

Chris said, "did you get a picture with Lauren and all 3 of them?" and so I did :)


Where's LeaAnn? Like her outfit? Oh and speaking of outfits! Remember when I said we went shopping for jeans before church camp? Good thing we did! Found a perfect pair but they needed to be hemmed... Grammy to the rescue! And not just for Lauren, Lydia too, found a couple pairs in the attic :) (following in their mom's footsteps) And Lauren's belt? That was my belt that I showed in... should have snagged a picture when I was home... will do next time.

Love

This was Lauren's first time watching a pig show! And showmanship was first :( Really liked the judge, just wished she could have been in the ring a few times before attempting this.

However, she did a fabulous job! Hate it that these are sideways :( It's with my phone, and I thought they were going to be upright... she had to introduce herself and she did not want to go first! :)


We found a You Tube video on how to show pigs, and she watched the older kids showmanship before them, but that was it. And she did an amazing job, I was so proud of her.

Spot is who she took into the ring, and we participated in the Single Source show, so Landrace is the breed that the Dolan's provided, and they are not the easiest pig to walk :) Kathy Hiltbrand said when we got to Ohio, "well Jayme, that was not an easy breed to start out with!" :) And she was right, but we didn't really have a choice.










Super dad he was all day :)


And pie baking was also happening, starting at 6am! We'll know for next year what times will and won't work with the pig show... and as it ended up, Lindsay & Grammy made the apple pie



You have to use lard in the crusts, and everyone has to make it right where we're standing!

Back to the show... Lauren did get reserve in her class with this one!


The fan club still hanging around :)

Later that day and before the pie auction, the little girls finally got to ride rides :)




The auction! I'd never seen this before... very cool :) Here is Will & Kreighton with the pie they made with their great-grandma Doreen


Maggie & Fred were gone to Nashville, so I was trying to snap a few for her :) harder than I thought to get through the wire! ;)



Here you go Maggie :)

I almost missed this! Oh yes, I kept thinking while typing, "where was Chris during this?" and he was working in the pork producers booth :) and who knows where the little girls were!


Your buyer :) for I believe $500!



Another successful and fun day! :D

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, LOVE these fair pics! You can tell the girls (ALL of them) are in their element! Good job mom!! (& I noticed Your belt on Lauren in the last blog entry-SO cool- but , Again, you Know how much I love it when things get reused!!) :)

    ReplyDelete