Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ohio visit #1 July 2015

Wednesday, July 15th, 2015

Yes, you are reading correct, that just a week ago on Wednesday, we were at the Junior Fun day showing goats and wrestling pigs in the mud :)  I have never been that tired driving to Ohio... but these girls are amazing travelers, and with their ages, it really is a piece of cake... (if a 9-1/2 hr trip can be a piece of cake ;)

Unfortunately, upon arrival, Lydia started complaining of a tummy ache. I kept trying and trying to write it off... but no, it was the stomach flu. Awesome.  And it passed through everyone I think except Lindsay and Elle throughout our week long stay. Double awesome. 

Here is LeaAnn in her bubble bath before falling ill that night ;)

Forgot to put this in last week... Lauren & Lindsay made 'sympathy' casts for Elle on the little girls :) they were really cute. Lucky for us (& Elle!) her cast was off when we got to Ohio!

Thursday was a day at home... I was hoping at this point, no one else would get infected, b/c no one was showing signs. I was furious at myself for not bringing thieves & diffuser on the trip. Lesson learned, I will never leave home without it again! I went through ONE tub downstaris in the basement... inspired to find my showing cane, and water/feeder for the pigs...I also found some special ribbons!

I went to the grocery, and the kids hopped in the pond that day...

All pics courtesy of Mimi's phone :)



The next day was Friday, and we all went swimming at Walnut Grove and had a picnic!


Where is Carson?

Here is Carson!







And that night I was excited to go over to Hiltbrand's to reminisce about when I showed at the fair and camping... and just to see all of them...Katie just graduated, Karen was home from college, and Justin is taller that Kathy!

And not to be disappointed, the Hiltbrand girls swept up all of the kids and they were off...riding through the same pasture that I grew up in... so many memories down that long lane.
Camping, picking beans at Bob & Thelma's to cook while camping, I remember going through Dave & Kathy's house now before they fixed it up... I remember seeing some of his Uncle Al's (I think that was his name) journals, (he journaled about the weather everyday!), riding the 4-wheelers in the creek and up big hills, riding horses through their timbers (I think I fell off one time when I was on the back and we jumped over a log??), collecting leaves for my leaf project with Bob (wish I had pictures of that), fishing in a small pond by Bob & Thelma's, Dad & Dave working on his tractors in the shed by Bob & Thelma's, bailing straw and being in their mow, drinking water from the well in a silver tin cup that everyone used... just lots of things, that were special to me.
I like it that my girls can see it too...

However, I was side-swiped as Lauren kept saying she was 'tired' - I thought it was b/c Elle & Carson were not with us... but in the end, she was plagued by the bug :(

Didn't find out until after they got back...

Lydia still got to wear Katie's queen crown...

Lindsay got to walk a pig :)


And so did Lydia & LeaAnn :) while wearing the crown of course ;)


These were Katie's adorable tweets after the fact... I had to save them!



So we left early, feeling terrible for Lauren, and we still did get to talk about camping and the fair :) and I was shocked! I could not believe that my parents initiated the camping at the fair! And everyone else joined in for the fun of it, as I was the only one of showing age when we started... funny!


The next day Saturday, we headed to Ruby's pool with Tara and her 2 girls and Mendi & Elliot came over as well.






The fun never ends here :) It really is a great pool...

I feel so very fortunate my kids have the opportunity to experience such a thing!

Lydia on the slide - and it happened... as it always does, a Beyer girl learned to swim in Ohio!

Josie surprised Tara as she went down the slide!


Sweet Elliot!


Lindsay diving board

Lydia diving board

Lydia swimming - way to go Lydia!


Had to keep all of them of course :) Can't wait to send them to Mendi!













Lauren stayed home with Mimi... she taught her how to play Spite & Malace!


Happy girls in the tub... too bad LeaAnn didn't stay happy :(

She crashed on the floor, and I let the girls wake her up before I left to go out to eat with Mendi, Brian, Tara & Mark, and she melted :(

Super nice to go out to dinner with them though, thanks for enduring, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment