Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 2016 - wishing on a snow-storm!

February 2016!

As the a-fore mentioned... not a lot of snow this winter, pretty mild temps (except for a little bit of frozen temps in January, and NO snow days!) naturally, we were all wishing for one :) 
and the weather forecasters did not let us down! 
They finally came out with 'numbers' predicted starting Tuesday morning... and it was in the 6-12" range I think? Plus 30+mph winds... so... all NE Iowa schools cancelled the night before :)
This was Monday night, 2/1/16 - we were wishing at this point.



Not much snow when we first woke up on Tuesday... but it did snow, and it did blow... and Crystal arrived at our house! Good as new! :) We sent her to the hospital b/c of the damage to her hair... and we were very happy with the turn-out! So obviously people were out and about... the UPS guy delivered that day.

The NEXT day was the real surprise... the wind blew and made roads atrocious! So schools cancelled again... not all, but EB and Indee did... such a nice surprise!

February, 2/6/16 - the weather had already started to turn around... it was warming up, and huge icicles appeared :) much to the girls delight!

Oh! And rugs & pillows on the porch b/c this girl got sick at 10:30pm on Friday night :(  Truly she was OK - and we absolutely could not complain b/c we haven't had much sickness at all this winter... but it interrupted our plans for Saturday... we had a Baby shower for Weston Smith at the Peck's, and the girls were going to go... but in the end, Lauren & Lindsay babysat for us and it all turned out just fine.

Also on this Saturday I captured this with my big camera :) need to get that out more often...


And the lighting, and Chris' gray sweatshirt... and his hat... all reminded me of pictures from 6-years ago... (so I made him take this)

So I could compare to this....
And here they are.

Miss Smallsy... January 10, 2010... almost 2-months old.


If I ... could just reach through the picture... I would.



Her red spike!


And look at her now... THIS is why I will keep blogging I guess <3

This was from Sunday, 2/7/16 - the girls had played in the snow, and came in for hot chocolate of course :)


Dad had to leave on Monday for Omaha... not to return until Wednesday, 2/10/16 night... so on Wednesday (it was an EB early out), we decided to take a trip to Waterloo! We needed some Volleyball supplies for Lauren, a new glove for Lindsay, a new big tiger for Lydia (birthday present with her money - need to get a picture of that in here :).... and we ended up with a new coat for LeaAnn too!
And of course we had to stop at Applebees for dinner b/c it was 1/2 priced kids meals!

Such a smart mom... I remembered to bring LeaAnn's Valentine's along! :D


LeaAnn's new coat... can you tell?? :)

Lauren was not super happy about this decision to be twins in same coats :) but LeaAnn sure was ... Thursday, 2/11/16
My tag line was, "I wanna be just like you" #sisterhouse #sweetsisters - and it's so true <3

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, Yes, you need to keep blogging-those comparison pics are priceless. Well, the whole Blog is Priceless.

    ReplyDelete