Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lauren's 4th grade basketball season

Lauren's 4th grade basketball team grew by leaps & bounds this year! The team was really fun to watch and it was exciting to see them grow. They had practice 2x/week the entire season and games every Saturday except over Thanksgiving break. It was a commitment to get back into town on Sunday & Wednesday nights in addition to Troy Mills on Monday & Tuesday for dance :) but well worth it. Lindsay even got a hand in 'babysitting' the little two for 30-minutes while I would go in and pick up Lauren from practice when Chris was gone and did an excellent job. :)

Another first this year was taking all 6 of us to the games! The little two did really well, didn't make all of the games, but between Chris & I, we managed to arrange all 4 of them every Saturday.
My only regret I realized as I put this post together, was that I should have taken more video... {sigh} such is life...

This was early in the season... I believe their very first game
11/1/14 at West Delaware


Driving to North Linn... I was trying to take a picture of the snow & wind ;) with no luck.


This was at home and they WON! Their first game of the season... It was great.




Loved this picture of Lauren & Keeley


And this was after a Cedar Falls tournament they entered. Coach Bo Brady said that it would be a great experience and learning opportunity, and it was.

The girls had a GREAT first game, almost won. A REALLY hard 2nd game, and had an awesome ref for the 3rd game who made it a huge learning opportunity. Kudos to the coaches who made the season possible!

1 comment:

  1. So fun....I wish I could have made it to one of her games!!!

    ReplyDelete